So, I have a cold. I went hunting around in my archives for a funny picture and came across this gem, snapped by my partner in crime, Rachel Wilder.
With friends like these, …
Of course, it captures perfectly how I feel right at this moment, even though it was taken some time ago when I’d just gotten out of bed and was trying to do morning pages. 🙂
Today is my day to post something crunchable having to do with the letter R. I totally forgot until right now. I shall endeavor to come up with something through my cold-medicine-induced fog. Here, then, without further ado is the World According To Noony (on Cold Medicine):
- No, Boria, you do NOT need to sing me the song of your people at six in the morning. Nor at seven. Nor at seven-twenty. I’ll get up at the last possible moment – meow – to – meowow – go to work – meeoooowwowowow – so I don’t need Felini in the Morning!
- Dogs take up entirely too much room on the bed when there’s only the two of you and it’s a queen-sized mattress.
- Cold medicine tastes yucky, but it keeps me from coughing.
- I cough the more I talk.
- I had THREE client phone calls – hack – scheduled – cough – for – wheeze – today.
- Tea is my friend.
- Don’t make a whole pot of caffeinated tea because you like the “hibiscus” part but forgotyoualreadyhadyourcoffeefortheday.
- The bus is late when I’m in a hurry.
- The bus is packed with people when I want to sit down because my head is pounding.
- It’s getting warm outside. WEAR DEODORANT!
(No, really, #10. Please. Yes, Mister Big Fat Dude, I’m looking at you. And holding my nose.)
And remember: Zen mind, beginner’s mind. Except when on cold medication.
Thank you for joining us for the A-Z Blog Challenge. If you’re blogging in the challenge, please leave us a link so I can come visit you too. If you have a moment, please check out these other fine blogs:
The theme on my main blog, Explore the Worlds of A. Catherine Noon, is The A To Z of the Zoo. Join me as I explore Brookfield Zoo and finds animals, birds, and insects from A to Z.
My theme on my Knoontime Knitting craft blog is Letterforms In Nature and the Built Environment.
The theme at Noon & Wilder is The A To Z of Chicago. Since I live here in the city and we have our Chicagoland Shifters based here, I figured I’d share a window into the city, Noon & Wilder style.
The Nice Girls Writing Naughty have a new home, and we’re blogging in the challenge again this year. Throughout the month you’ll be hearing from each of the Nice Girls, and during the RT Booklovers Convention from April 12th to the 17th, you’ll be getting live convention reports. Join the conversation!
The Writer Zen Garden’s brand new website is up and running, and we’re bringing you posts from me, Noony; my partner in crime, Rachel Wilder (the Wilder half of Noon & Wilder); the talented Darla M. Sands – a blogger in her own right, see below; as well as Grace Kahlo, Evey Brown, and author Tina Holland. Check it out!
My friends who are participating in the challenge (and if you’re not on this list, tell me and I’ll add you!):
- Darla M. Sands, Awakening Dreams and Conquering Nightmares with a Pen
- Kari Trenten, The Cauldron of Eternal Inspiration
Write on, and Happy Blogging!